The K.C. Irving Environmental Science Centre and Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens are located at Acadia University, 32 University Avenue, Wolfville, NS, B4P 2R6, Canada. The entrance to the Gardens is located off University Avenue, to the far left of the main entrance of the building. Look for the cast iron archway featuring the name of the Gardens.
Come enjoy the Gardens and:
• Take a casual stroll along the pathways.
• Have a picnic (there are no litter bins, pack out what you pack in).
• Play, sit and cartwheel on the lawns.
• Relax on the benches.
• Take a note pad and camera to record observations.
• Admire the wildflowers (but leave them undisturbed for others to enjoy).
While visiting the Gardens you can also hike nearby trails created by Arthur Irving. Click here for a map.
A 1.5km hike through the woods follows an old brook and takes you through a variety of forest habitats. There are two shorter loops that you can take if you don't have enough time for the whole trail. Trail maps are also available in the main lobby of the K.C. Irving Environmental Science Centre.